No library owns absolutely all of the books, periodicals and other materials needed by its users. However, libraries cope with this situation by using a system of lending/ borrowing known as interlibrary loan. If you are looking for a particular article, book, CD, DVD or other item that our library does not own, you can request the item via interlibrary loan. This service is provided free to GFCMSU students, faculty and staff. Some items are delivered electronically via email. Other items are delivered in print.
Interlibrary loan requests (Form below) are accepted from GFCMSU faculty, staff, and students.
Before making an interlibrary loan request, please do the following:
- read our ILL Policies. Information for other libraries
- check the library catalog carefully
- check our full-text databases and our full-text journal finder carefully
- check the holdings of other local libraries
- make sure you have allowed enough time (2-3 weeks) for us to process your request and get your item here in time to be of use for your project,